Creamy, sweet, and so healthy!
I created this recipe for the Kuau Store. I was trying to mimic the classic fresh and sweet spinach salads that I loved to eat in California. Of course, they usually had cheese… So in order to add in the “creamy” factor usually accomplished by a chevré or bleu cheese, I made a strawberry cream dressing using soaked cashews. I hope you enjoy this salad as much as I did.
Cashew-Strawberry Cream Dressing makes ~1.5 cups
- 1 cup raw cashew (soaked 2-4 hours )
- 2/3 cup strawberries
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 grinds pepper
Salad makes ~4 servings
- 12 cups spinach (or just fill up four bowls)
- 1/2 cup cashew-strawberry cream dressing
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup thin sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup raw almonds (or candied almonds)
- 1/2 cup thin sliced dried figs
- Cashew-Strawberry Cream Dressing: Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Dressing will keep up to one week in the refrigerator.
- Assemble Salads: In a large bowl mix spinach with dressing. Divide into 4 bowls. Divide all toppings on each salad (about 2 tablespoons each of goji, onion, almond, figs) and serve immediately.