Amazingly Awesome Raw Almond Milk
Raw almond milk is one of those silly things that intimidates people, but it so incredibly easy to make from scratch – and so much more delicious too! This is an incredibly simple recipe I put together that anyone can make at home. I presoak my almonds and keep them in the freezer for easy access. I like to use the pulp for homemade granola, raw cookies, or else for the crust of a raw cake or pie. Have fun experimenting!
- 1 cup soaked raw almonds
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 T raw honey (optional)
- pinch sea salt
- Nut milk bag
- Soak almonds covered for 8-12 hours in filtered water in refrigerator. Strain and discard water.
- Strain out water and place almonds in a blender with rest of ingredients. Blend for at least 30 seconds on high. Strain out almond pulp in a nut milk bag, cheese bag, (clean!) nylon sock, or whatever is on hand.
- Almond milk will last up to 3-4 days if refrigerated. Some separation is natural. Simply shake before service. Discard if smell is off.
- 1 tablespoon honey, maple syrup, coconut nectar, or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- chai tea